You want Dropbox? Of course you do!

Sign up using this referral and we'll both get a free 500MB bonus. Ta!

Thursday 11 August 2011

Goodbye or good buy?

After some negotiation, my insurance company finally gave an acceptable valuation for the bike yesterday. I then had a call this morning to discuss various things, one of which was the option to buyback.

Their salvage rate was 17%. I gave it serious consideration for a track bike but decided not to buy it back. It's just too much for a bike that might prove an expensive repair or potentially dangerous. It could of been split for parts if closer examination showed problems but I decided to let go.

I've never felt sentimental about a bike or car before so it's a bit of a shock to feel genuinely upset that we're parting company :-(
 

No comments:

Post a Comment